About Me

My photo
Nazareth, Pa., United States

Friday, July 06, 2007

Capitol Ideas: Republicans Make Videos as Employees are Sent Home

I always envisioned Capitol Ideas blogger John Micek as the kind of dude who takes the weekend off. I could picture him now, sipping Chablis at some fine dining establishment with Mrs. Capitol Ideas, while Baby Capitol Ideas enchants all present by reading passages from The Wind in the Willows.

My pleasant image was shattered this evening when I noticed that Micek is still blogging his way through the budget impasse.

Get this.

It appears that instead of working on a budget, House Republicans have spent their afternoon shooting a video for YouTube. Looks like we get to pay for it, too.

Whoopee!

It's one of those faux grass roots pieces produced by well-paid marketers. Micek likes it, but Transformers is ten times better. Dems made that movie on Tuesday, and cast Sam (I don't need no stinkin' license) Rohrer as Megatron.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kill the messenger, to kill the message? Truth about Rendel should never get out. :p

Bernie O'Hare said...

The truth about Rendell? Nothing's stopping you from stating it. But when you hire slicksters to play that spin machine instead of really trying to cobble out an agreement, you show yoiurselves as the phonies you are.

And as for the Dems, they're just as guilty. According to Micek, they were doing the robocall thing.

In case you don't realize it, that's why people are disgusted with partisan hacks and the political parties.

Blah Society said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Blah Society said...

The last thing we need is more propaganda...

JUST SIGN THE BUDGET ALREADY!

I don't think the state needs 2,400 more unemployment cases, with nobody to file claims (I'm assuming - not sure if that part would be affected or how that would work with the hopefully-only temporary layoffs. Correct me on this if I'm way off.)

I hope everything works out by Monday!

J. SPIKE ROGAN said...

They cut my youtube refrence. But the letter is still harsh on the GOP doing the "Blame game" and being such "flip floppers"

http://www.mcall.com/news/opinion/letters/all-rogan.5935340jul10,0,4821100.story

Bernie O'Hare said...

Spike, Congrats on being published in the MC. Hope you didn't charge them too much.