About Me

My photo
Nazareth, Pa., United States

Monday, November 05, 2007

Last Minute Money Pouring Into Norco Dem Coffers

I stopped by the local elections office today, and the staff there was kind enough to let me look at the finance records - again - with the election less than a day away. Candidates are required to report contributions $500 or greater within 24 hours of receipt. Here's what I've learned.

1) Lamont McClure is picking up some serious cha-ching: $1,000 from Glenn Reibman on 10/26, $1,000 from Progressive Majority on 10/29, $1,000 from two big-city lawyers on 10/26, $500 from local lawyer James Burke on 10/26 and $1,000 from Wolfblock PAC on 11/2/07. Total - $4,500.

2) Steve Baratta, who's already shaken down every lawyer within a 50-mile radius in his judicial retention bid, has picked up $1,000 from Bethlehem lawyer Ed Redding.

3) Lamont McClure reports giving the county Dems $7,000 between 10/24 and 11/1.

4) Northampton County Dems report receiving the following contributions on October 30: $2,000 from Lamont McClure, $2,500 from Charles Dertinger & $500 from Ronald Perin. McClure's $5,000 contribution is not reported.

5) DA John Morganelli, who's running unopposed for his 58th term as DA, reports $4,500 in last minute donations, all of them $500, from the following: Glenn Reibman, Lisa Boscola, Kenneth Yee, Gary Perin, Rosina Nassry, Laborers Local PAC, Thomas Lyons, Regino Cora & George Paxos.
Update: Republicans have made no twenty-four hour reports.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

I guess you don't check the Republican campign finance reports, as I have not seen any reference to them. Are you a one eyed one horned flyin' purple Democratic eater, as you seem not to report on them as well? I also received an anonymous phone call today on behalf of Peg Ferraro. Does that qualify as sleaze or is that just bein' neighborly?

Bernie O'Hare said...

You see no reference to them bc there are no 24 hour reports. I would have reported them, too.

As far as the automated call from Ferraro is concerned, I understand it is a positive recording of her own voice. but right now, people are so disgusted by those robo calls that they will hurt her.

Anonymous said...

I received an automated call from Peg Ferraro simply asking me to be sure to vote and please consider voting for her. No problem!

Democrat County registration edge is huge but R's Ferraro and Angle will sweep to victory big time, is my opinion. larry@kisslinger.com

Anonymous said...

Go fuck Yourself in the mouth ASSHOLE

Anonymous said...

Peg Ferraro's robo-call identified her in her own voice and asked for my vote. It sounded like a reminder message from my mom.

The Branco's/Maher's ANONYMOUS calls identified nobody, were completely negative, and were done by a voice that sounded like a mouth-breathing thug with swollen adenoids.

To paraphrase the '92 Clinton campaign: it's the negativity and anonymity, stupid.

Bernie O'Hare said...

Anon 4:17, I guess you haven't caught on. Sleaze does not work.

Anonymous said...

Just received Morganelli robo-call asking for support of Branco.

I know politics makes strange bedfellows, but we've learned in this election cycle that these guys are not so strange to each other.

You can tell a lot about someone by his friends, John.

Bernie O'Hare said...

Hmmm. Now let's see. Abe Atiyeh wouuld like to team up w/ the county and build some goofy combo assisted-living center and recidivism center. Noew Abe has a pal at the courthouse named John Morganelli. Abe has given John $51,000 over the years. Now Abe has a few other pals, too, like Tony Branco and Lamont McClure.

Anonymous said...

I admit that I contributed to John Morganelli's previous campaigns. However, his blind support to McClure and Branco has just made up my mind. No more. You just lost my support, John. And I don't believe I am the only one. The more I hear others talk about abandoning the Democratic ship, the worse it gets. It's a shame, really. It didn't have to be. It's time for a change tomorrow.

Anonymous said...

Well it paid for another negative sleazy last minute hit job on Peg Ferraro from some phony senior citizen claiming that Peg is going to reasses her property and drive seniors out of their homes. Branco is truly desparate and pathetic.

If Stoffa wants that minimum security prison, he will be forced to put it in uncle Abe's assisted living unless their is an exorcism tommorow.

Anonymous said...

I also don't get the Branco-Morganelli connection. John is very selective about who he will actually do anything for. A recorded call endorseing a candidate is quite a deal for him, frankly I'm a bit surprised even if there is a donor connection.

Anonymous said...

anon 4:187 - you kiss your momma, your wife, and your daughters with that mouth?

if you were smart enough, you'd be ashamed.