About Me

My photo
Nazareth, Pa., United States

Thursday, November 15, 2007

Left Wing Attack Blog Rated #1 For Two Weeks Straight

Blognet's Top Twenty is a weekly listing of the state's most influential poliblogs. Some weeks, I don't make the list at all. But for the past two weeks, I've been rated #1.

Whoopee!

Tempted as I am to pat myself on the back and start thanking the little people who helped me get where I am, I have to look at who's right behind me. According to those wacky wizards at Blognet, the second most influential poliblog is Tony Phyrillas. Phyrillas, you may recall, is that courageous "conservative columnist working in a liberal-dominated media." Somebody's got to do it! Recently, this leading Greek-American blogger was keynote speaker at a $24 breakfast in Pottstown. (Don't know how I missed that one!)

Did I mention this mainstream meanie is also a plagiarist? When I pointed that out, Phyrillas retorted that I'm obviously one of those "left wing attack blogs" out to get him.

Tony had a bit of an ethical problem, not that he ever let on. You see, he's a mainstream columnist and city editor at The Pottstown Mercury, which recommends Tony's blog. He's also a Mount Penn Borough Councilman. That's a no no. Voters resolved Tony's ethical dilemna for him. He finished fourth of four candidates for reelection.

Not to worry. With his extra time, Tony is now reviewing films like Shrek on his automatically reloading blog.

Phyrilis is #2? He certainly is, and you can take that any way you want. But if he's #2, that makes my rank meaningless.

I prefer being called a "left wing attack blog," even though I supported more Republicans than Dems in the last election. It has a nice ring.

7 comments:

Blah Society said...

Thank you!

Anonymous said...

I take it you've never been attacked by a pissed off rabbit. They can do alot of damage

Anonymous said...

ITs one thing to be bipartisan in local politics. ITs quite another to be in national politics. With the two party system, is it even possible to be bipartisan anymore? Sure, even I could support a Republican policy once in a while, but in the grand scheme of things, their agenda just doesn't work at all for me.

Is the difference (if in appearance only) not clear enough to pick a side? "Independent" voters seem to be those who vote only for their own personal interests above all else. That and they are apparently indecisive people.

Bernie O'Hare said...

Is the difference (if in appearance only) not clear enough to pick a side?

Actually, it's not clear at all. Hard as they try to pretend, there's very little diffeence between the two major parties. Both sell out to the highest bidder. In principle, there are differences, but not in practice. That's why I don't get all excited when someone had a D or R after his or her name. It means next to nothing these days, at least to me. On a national level, I tend to find that Dems are more responsive to improving the quality of our lives, but this is by no means ironclad. Specter is actually more liberal than Casey when you come down to it.

Chris Casey said...

I think Ronnie Spector of the Ronnettes is more liberal than Arlen, and "Cousin" Bob!

Anonymous said...

To me, there is a pretty stark difference when it comes to social security, taxation and the separation of church and state.

I guess the problem is that I am looking at party platforms and not at individuals. I should rephrase to say is it even possible to be bipartisan given today's party platforms?

Bernie O'Hare said...

Hayshaker, Does anyone really read those platforms? The last time I read a Dem party platform was in 2000, and I ended up voting Green.