About Me

My photo
Nazareth, Pa., United States

Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Peg Ferraro To Take Office Next Week

Most elected officials must wait until January. But Peg Ferraro will take office as an at-large member of Northampton County Council sometime next week, as soon as election results are official. You see, Peg was actually running for a vacant seat. Although Tony Branco was appointed by fellow council members, he lacked the voters' stamp of approval. Voters trump council. Democracy.

7 comments:

Blah Society said...

How about all elected and rejected take down their damn signs already!

Bernie O'Hare said...

Dude, I still see signs around, but not many. I've seen McClure signs along Route 248 as recently as this morning, but he gets a pass because his election is not over. I still see a few for others in Easton and Forks, too. I'd agree that most of them are gone.

Anonymous said...

Annon 11:09

Dude, There are still quite a few signs up out there.

Anonymous said...

Bernie, Is this really your post?

http://www.topix.net/forum/source/the-morning-call/T263M3SMFEOMGCQ3T


It's on MC webpage under the budget article for Easton.

Bernie O'Hare said...

No.

Someone has taken the time and effort to attribute racist and antisemitic remarks to me in several posts at The MC forum. Obviously, the goal is to marginalize me.

Blah Society said...

Anon 11:09 -

If the only signs you see remaining are Esther Lee's, you need to get out more! Further more, I hope that wasn't a racial attack. You obviously aren't driving around the county.

McClure, I've noticed, has more signs remaining than anyone else.

Without naming them all, I'll just say again that they need to take down the signs. They should be taken down as fast as they go up. I hope we don't have to argue about this now...

And yes, I'm always a jerk, thank you.

Anonymous said...

There's still a Dertinger for Congress sign along RT# 946.