About Me

My photo
Nazareth, Pa., United States

Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Tony Branco Loses a Few More Votes With Robo Calls

By now, you'd think local pols finally understand that people detest robo calls, positive or negative. Over the last two weeks, John Maher and Tony Branco have been annoying the hell out of Northampton County voters with precisely that tactic. Here are some reactions.

Got this call 2X today. First time caller id said "unknown name" and the number. Second time it said Easton, Pa and the number. My heart stopped. I have a number of older relatives in Easton, and none of them in the best of health. My wife grabbed the phone and answered but no one was there. This is why the "Do Not Call" list should mean DO NOT CALL!! If it is for political purposes, shame on the politician who needs this kind of help. By the way, I Googled the number and all I got led me to this site. It couldn't give me any idea where the call came from.

They called me last night at 9:11 pm... hello, that's kind of late. I'm tired of getting these calls, and why so late? I don't appreciate it.

Has called four days in a row. Hangs up when I answer.

I finally got a person and it was for Lamont McClure's campaign.

Guess what? Tony's doing it again! This time, he's using a taped message from DA John Morganelli. It goes something like this: "Hi, my name is John Morganelli, and I love Tony Branco. And we both love developer Abe Atiyeh. He's helping fund Tony's campaign, and has given me $51,000 over the years. Did I tell you about this building he wants the county to buy? Whoopee!"

Here's how folks are reacting to today's calls.

Call on behalf of Northampton County, PA county council candidate received from this number.

Just had this number call. It was a recorded political ad urging me to vote for someone tomorrow. Thanks to this call disturbing my morning, I probably WON'T vote for this person now. Idiots.

On a busy Monday, I had to listen to John Morganelli tell me how to vote. But he's too busy to talk to me in person. I'll definitely be voting the other way tomorrow.

Another day. More votes flushed down the drain. Such is the brilliant political strategy of Bossman Long and his hired gun, Tom Severson.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Branco looks like a robot in this picture

Anonymous said...

Morganelli's voice message arrived at our home today.Mr. Branco, John calling my home cost you my vote.

Anonymous said...

Branco looks like a robot in this picture

More like a "Chinese-made" Mr. Potato-Head.